X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Pomegranate (Wonderful) cuttings - just pay $5 shipping

I needed to prune my Wonderful pomegranate tree early due to an unexpected trip coming up, and would like to offer free cuttings to anyone that would like them. The tree was not dormant (in my location the tree only drops its leaves for about 2 weeks in mid January), but all the wood is lignified.
    Cuttings are from current year growth, between pencil and sharpie size in diameter and 8-9 inches long, and have been gently scrubbed in water before being placed in a zip lock bag for storage/shipping. Each package will include 6 to 8 cuttings (as many as I can and still keep the total weight of the package under 12 oz) . Shipping will be by First Class package. If you are interested, send me a PM with your shipping information and make a Paypal payment of $5 (friends and family option, please) to [email protected] .

Please note, this is a limited time offer, as I will be going out of town for an extended trip starting next week. Please make any request/payment for cuttings by end of day Saturday, October 26th. I have a large number of cuttings, so should be able to accommodate any/all who are interested. These will just end up being tossed out on Sunday if there is no interest.
    Richard - San Diego 10a

Payment sent. I've never done this fruit so I'll give it a shot.
    South Florida - 10b

Comment

• Figtron
      Figtron commented
      Editing a comment
      I grew a bunch from cuttings last year, they are super fun.

I'm going to put in a bunch more just because they are actually quite beautiful with nice flowers, bright yellow fall leaves and beautiful fruit. Also in my climate i cant seem to kill them even when I forgot to water them or my S.O. accidentally girdled one to the ground while cutting grass.

Like figs I had idea there were so many types

Maybe try Parfianka, Deserti and Eversweet if get a chance.

Richard - Would love some cuttings if you still have them available.
    GA 7b

Comment

Thank you for this generous offer Richard!👍 PM and payment sent by nitelite. Hope I will need to get pots ready for them soon.🤞😉
      Ed B. West Coast of Michigan L.P. 6a/6b

Comment

Sent payment, ✅
        Richmond, TX; Zone - 9a
        Wishlist(starters): RdB, Smith, Black Madeira, I-258, Adriatic JH,Zaffiro, CC, Izmir/Iznot, Thermalito

Comment

Thanks Richard for your most generous offer! Payment sent.
          ~ Scott ~ Maricopa Az USDA ZONE 9A

Comment

Thanks Richard! Message sent.
            Volcano, 7a VA

Comment

The dwarf pom in full bloom is beautiful to look at, but it would be nice to have a chance for real fruit.

Thanks for the offier. Message sent.
              Cheryl (f/k/a VeryNew2Figs) Zone 5a/6a
              What I'm growing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Nice! A generous offer!
                USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Calderona, De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Bass’ Favorite Fig

Comment

Thanks for this opportunity! PM sent!
                  Maryland- zone 7a
                  Wishlist: Lattarula, Bass' Favorite, Bronx Special, Buina S. Caterina, Carmelitana, Dalmatie, De La Senyora, Gambino

Comment

Update:

So far 12 people have taken advantage of this offer and paid for shipping via Paypal. This is more interest than I had anticipated. If you paid, you should have a PM from me giving you the tracking number for your shipment if I was able to match a Paypal name with an ourfigs username. ( Coolsciguy , I am still waiting for you to provide your shipping address).

I've gone through all of the cuttings I had prepped beforehand, but still have additional cuttings available that I can prep to ship as needed. I'm running short on time, though, so get your shipping payment in quickly if you want cuttings.

Richard
                    Richard - San Diego 10a

Comment

• Techno101
                      Techno101 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’ll try them out! Thanks!

OK, I'm going to have to end this offer a little early, as I am all out of cuttings. If you have not made a payment as of midnight on Friday the 25th (Pacific time), please do not do so, as I am out of reasonably sized cuttings and will need to refund any payments made after this time.

A total of 18 people expressed interest, and at 9 cuttings each that represented over 160 cuttings. This greatly exceeded my expectations. For those of you receiving cuttings, I wish you success in rooting them. Keep in touch to let me know how things go.

Richard
                    Last edited by DrDraconian; 10-26-2019, 03:13 AM.
                    Richard - San Diego 10a

Comment

Received my cuttings and they look great ! Thanks for doing this
                      ~ Scott ~ Maricopa Az USDA ZONE 9A

Comment

I already got my cuttings and they look great! Thank you, Richard 🖐
                        South Florida - 10b

Comment

Got mine As well! Nice thick one!

Comment

Got mine as well! Thanks Richard!
                            Maryland- zone 7a
                            Wishlist: Lattarula, Bass' Favorite, Bronx Special, Buina S. Caterina, Carmelitana, Dalmatie, De La Senyora, Gambino

Comment

Call this a beginners question but can you root pomegranate cuttings or do they have to be grafted only?
                              Edward - Edgewater, Florida (Zone 9b)
                              Wish List: Holy Smokes, U. Prosciutto, Ham Rham, Labritja

Comment

• wellingtonbill
                                wellingtonbill commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Richard told me root like Fig cuttings and also scrape and dip in a rooting medium. He told me it takes longer to root POMs but do not up pot until there are long green shoots. Just a good summary, OK?

• efletche
                                efletche commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks that's good to know. I just bought some cuttings from Fruitwood Nursery today, so I can practice.

Thanks Richard for the nice cuttings!!

Comment

Richard - Thanks for the Wonderful cuttings
                                GA 7b

Comment

Received mine. They look great.
                                  Thank you

Comment

Got mine. Thank you.
                                    Cheryl (f/k/a VeryNew2Figs) Zone 5a/6a
                                    What I'm growing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

To those that are rooting them, they tend to be a little slower than figs but are MUCH more forgiving, in my experience.

Comment

Working...
                                      X