X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of members offering cuttings and plants

I hate to ask something that may be answered previously so I apologize for not being able to find this.
    I want to ask if there is a central thread where members post that they are, or will be offering cuttings and/or plants? I have participated in Willis’ cutting event this year and Jamie’s offerings as well, but am trying to get an idea of who may have cuttings available.
    Thank you.
    Central IL Z6a
    WL: Roots on the nice cutting I have!

Big Bill has a nice size list. PM him.
    2019 FIG LIST
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Comment

There isn't a central location for members to announce plans. Some will post an alert, but not everyone does.

Those who run larger operations sell off websites -- WillsFigs, Figaholics, Kremp, occasionally NJFigfarms, and I'm sure others I'm forgetting.

Then there are a large large number who use Figbid to sell cuttings and trees -- you just need to keep an eye out for varieties you're looking for. Now that cutting season is starting, there should be more "but it now" listings.

Some, like Jamie, will "advertise" their sales through a signature link as open sales on the forum are restricted.

Otherwise you need to post what varieties you're in search of here on the forum and invite people to contact you via a private message to discuss the details.

I hope you find the ones you want!
      “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
      – Chinese Proverb
      MA 5b/6a

Comment

I will soon be doing THE LARGEST giveaway which will be including air layers, rooted plants and hundreds of cuttings. This will be done after I finish cutting all my trees which consist of about 50 varieties. Some common and some hard to get varieties. I know there will be some very happy newbies around here.

Stay tuned....

(PS. This will be from figdatabase.com so if you're not registered and contributing to it, I suggest you get started now)
        South Florida - 10b

Comment

• Rigo007
          Rigo007 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're welcome

• Smokymist
          Smokymist commented
          Editing a comment
          And my overcrowded garage screams at me, no stop, don't look, and yet I do.

• Nightt.kaiser
          Nightt.kaiser commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice I just saw your video on Burgan Unk taste test

Originally posted by Rigo007 View Post

(PS. This will be from figdatabase.com so if you're not registered and contributing to it, I suggest you get started now)
        But then they will take all of the figs that should belong to me........, lol. Thanx for the reminder, I have acquired a few of the ones in my WL for Figdatabase and need to update my list.
        Zone 7a - Dover, DE Wishlist: ALL OF THE FIGS!
        Seriously : LdA, CLBC, CC, all CdD, All LSU, Black Ischia

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info.
          Central IL Z6a
          WL: Roots on the nice cutting I have!

Comment

If you’re looking for something specific, just start a thread here, usually someone will be willing to work out a deal.

Comment

Suemc also Tinkerbugfigs.com will be opening their cuttings sale this saturday evening at 9pm eastern time. Their prices are very reasonable and Christian is awesome. His selection has really increased from last year!! Maybe you can find what you are looking for there at a great price.
              The best way to make a small fortune in the fig business is to start with a large one.
              Phoenix, AZ zone 9B

Comment

Nice to know! Since you're way down south the cuttings won't be dormant, or will they?
                Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7B
                WL: Azores Dark; Brooklyn White; Dominick; Florea; Maltese Beauty; Sodus Sicilan

Comment

• figs and tropicals
                  figs and tropicals commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Otis was that question directed towards me??? if so, Christian (tinkerbugfigs.com) is located in New Jersey. This is the optimal time for him to collect his cuttings as there will be a freeze this weekend. He waited as long as possible to collect them to get them at the optimal time. They will be very freshly cut just in time for saturday. I have had my best results with freshly cut cuttings and rooting them ASAP. Last year I put "dormant" cuttings in my fridge and took my time potting them up...with lousy results. This year I am starting "fresh" cuttings, even ones that are not dormant and the results are outstanding!! Also, I am using cups and tree pots instead of fig pops, and I think that is working better for me as well. This is my second rooting season, so I am ironing out the kinks...and it looks so far as if I am on a good path.

Sorry, should have specified. I was asking Rigo007. Glad to hear you've been having success with rooting fresh cuttings. It's just that I have 27 I'm trying and even if even only 1/3rd of them root I'll be hard pressed for areas in our small house to keep them till spring. That's why I was hoping to store dormant cuttings at least until late April and they can go out to play.
                WL: Azores Dark; Brooklyn White; Dominick; Florea; Maltese Beauty; Sodus Sicilan

Comment

Otis you could do like me....rent a storage unit, move some furniture out of the living room so you could set up some more plant shelves with lights... I have about 400 cuttings going now. Actually, 27 cuttings won't take up much space. They really don't grow that fast. At least here it warms up by march and they can go outside at that point. If you get a shelving unit...buy a used one on craigs list or offerup...you can fit 20 something one gallon pots in a very small footprint. ..like 18" x 3 ft, on three levels. Those shelves are good to have around for many uses....but likely you will use them again next year...and the next year...for cuttings....you can move the shelf onto the patio when the weather gets nice.
                  The best way to make a small fortune in the fig business is to start with a large one.
                  Phoenix, AZ zone 9B

Comment

LOL! I love the idea of telling my wife I'm getting a storage unit to put our furniture in so I can fit more plants in the living room...shed put ME in the storage unit!
                    We do have a good sized attached 2 1/2 car garage that I put to good use in winter. Between my much reduced orchid and bonsai collections and other tender plants I keep there is still some room for rooted figs. I just don't know if new fig cuttings would do well as it can get down to 40oF out there in Jan-Feb.

Comment

Working...
                    X