X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postage + or trade

I need to trim my in-ground 8a trees. It may be that somebody could use the cuttings, so here goes. Have lots of LSU purple, LSU gold and pinetree plantation unknown (early producer: early July here, may be brown turkey - say the neighbors - see picture). Also, have some celeste and some little miss figgy. Lignified and dormant (LSU gold seems to be clinging to green), most are still on the tree. When cut are dipped in 1 (3% peroxide)/ 10 (water), dried, labeled, in ziplock bags. Can ship small priority mail box for $7.90 (+$2.10 for gas, ziplock bags), can fit about 14 or so cuttings. Next size box for $14.35 (+ $1.65 for gas, ziplock bags). Small orders in cushioned bag we can talk. Do not want to ship over 7 - 8 cuttings per variety - do not want them offered back on the market as some exotic variety. Does that sound fair? Pm me, please. Payment by check, cash or money order, unless trade worked out.
    Clark in (8a) North Augusta, SC; in the ground: LSU Purple, LSU Gold, Little Miss Figgy, Celeste, Plantation Unk (local find), Panache, Butterworth Unk

PM sent
    Growing Zone 6b, Central Kentucky.

Comment

You're right down the road from me in Jackson, SC! Any chance I could come by and save on shipping one day?

Comment

• tavillage
        tavillage commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem. Sent you a pm

TA thanks again for the figs, they are all doing great!
      Last edited by BigVanVader; 01-13-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• tavillage
        tavillage commented
        Editing a comment
        Pm to be sent

PM sent.

Comment

I still have numerous potential cuttings - they are still mostly still on the trees, as of this date. Pm me, if interested.
        Clark in (8a) North Augusta, SC; in the ground: LSU Purple, LSU Gold, Little Miss Figgy, Celeste, Plantation Unk (local find), Panache, Butterworth Unk

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

tavillage, very nice of you do make this offer and bump your OP! I am not looking for more cuttings at this time but know you will make some forum members really happy. Your generosity is what makes Ourfigs the best! 👍👍👍👍😉
            Ed B. West Coast of Michigan L.P. 6a/6b

Comment

PM sent.
              Houston, Texas (just south of Houston) - Zone 9a
              WL: CC, GIschia

Comment

tavillage I received the cuttings, thank you! Now to start rooting them.
                Houston, Texas (just south of Houston) - Zone 9a
                WL: CC, GIschia

Comment

• tavillage
                  tavillage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are welcome. There are plenty more where those came from. And good luck with your rooting efforts.

well, gosh! I'll PM you, see if any left

Comment

ummmm, when I'm approved.............

Comment

• tavillage
                    tavillage commented
                    Editing a comment
                    gidfiggy: I have plenty of cuttings. Cannot open your pm. Go to "fig forum" and introduce yourself, please. That may solve the problem. Thanks.

Thanks for the cuttings. They took off quickly as seen in the 10 day old picture. (And I'm new to this)

I'm trying out a few growing set ups. Have everything in a bin with coir on one side and cups with peat/perlite on the other side. This one is from the coir.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• trustyfarms
                    trustyfarms commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice!

• tavillage
                    tavillage commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations to a quick learner. You are doing great. Let me know if you want any more cuttings. Meanwhile, CliffH hypothesizes that the pinetree plantation unknown may be the LSU red variety. His pictures sure look like the PPU leaves and figs. However, in the absence of positive proof, the variety will remain pinetree plantation unknown.
                Working...
                X