X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna Lattarula cuttings....for free (well, almost)

So... I need to let Anna Lattarula's offspring go to as many people as possible because her spot in my garden is second place ultimate, South facing, protected, well drained with tons of organics, etc.,etc. Anna's spot is coveted by one of my newest adopted daughters graciously received from a generous Ourfigs family member. Anna must vacate her spot for the next generation. Don't worry....her older sister, Bella, is the matriarch and is locked in for life!! So what am I babbling on about...

I would like to send out cuttings from Anna, (4) thick, 3/4 " well lignified and 8-10 inches in length, simply for the price of shipping only, unless only one person responds in which case I will cover postage too. This is not a first to respond deal, any of you guys are welcome to have Anna in your gardens. This is an Italian honey fig type, very sublime in flavor----my personal fave for the longest..... until I got some other cultivars. Still the early breba crop in July is one of my summer highlights in the garden!

If you are interested, send me a PM with your Ourfigs name in the title line, be sure to include your mailing address and I will acknowledge with my email where you can forward via PayPal $6 to cover first class shipping USPS.

To sweeten the deal, I am also offering to include small packets of organic veggie seeds from my garden for you to plant if you'd like. Let me know which ones--- Giant Italian parsley, bulb fennel, Oregon Blue Lake pole beans, Tango celery, French shallot bulbs, Mexican cilantro, even buckwheat, ( makes some awesome blinis) If you're only interested in veggie seeds, I will only ask for $1 postage, (hopefully this all breaks out somewhere near even or a little under.) Our dry Oregon summers produce seed of the highest quality, no diseases that I'm aware of!

Life is good!! ~Bry
    Zn 8b "I may not be a smart man...but I know what love is." W.L.= My cup is full to overflowing, maybe next year!!

Sent you PM

Comment

• Bry
      Bry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Thanks Bry

PM Sent
    Monterey California, Zone 10b; Wish list; Anything that grows well near the California Coast :-) and Bornholm Diamond

Comment

• Bry
      Bry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Please make sure to put your Ourfigs name in the title line or else I won't be able to differentiate ya'll!!! I will try to respond this evening if possible. Remember.....figs require patience---
    Zn 8b "I may not be a smart man...but I know what love is." W.L.= My cup is full to overflowing, maybe next year!!

Comment

Please tell me that you responded to my post as well as sending a PM so I can keep track. My well laid plan?? is to cut and pack over the weekend and ship out on Monday, Jan 20th.

Anna says she is excited to be sending her offspring all over the country!!!

**** Very important**** Please make sure everyone who wants cuttings to tell me here that you sent a PM so I have a cross reference. Don't forget to include your full name and mailing address!
      Last edited by Bry; 01-14-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

PM sent.
        Growing Zone 6b, Central Kentucky.

Comment

• Bry
          Bry commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a lot---

PM sent . thanks !

james
        zone 5b Western NY, USA, wish list
        De Tres Esplets,Negronne,Pastiliere

Comment

• Bry
          Bry commented
          Editing a comment
          Got it

Can someone tell me how to send a PM?

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
          Can someone tell me how to send a PM?
          Click on username. It will take you to their profile page and there is a Private Message button there. You can also click the little word bubble icon beside the username to go directly to PM.
          Growing Zone 6b, Central Kentucky.

Comment

• Bry
            Bry commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

Thanks, I sent a PM. I think.

Comment

• Bry
            Bry commented
            Editing a comment
            Thx!!

Thank you Bry

PM sent,

Comment

• Bry
            Bry commented
            Editing a comment
            Good deal!!

Great offer Bry! Thank you so much. Have you consider graft your new favorite/s onto Anna? I'm hoping you're not uprooting her!
          GA 7b

Comment

Still have any? I'll pm Just in case.

Comment

• Bry
            Bry commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup

Update: So far I have had many replies to my offer, awesome. I'm thinking that the first 12 people who have completed everything I asked for, i.e. post reply, PM with mailing address and payment by PayPal will be on my cut list this week. So far I have only Ky_Fig and StelaG done and on the cut sheet. I will post when I'm all full for this week. Sound fair??
          Last edited by Bry; 01-14-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Bry
            Bry commented
            Editing a comment
            Tharnsur is in! That's 3, 9 more people for this week's giveaway---

• Bry
            Bry commented
            Editing a comment
            Bodulfz, in. Isn't this like a micro Harvey's sale??

• Bry
            Bry commented
            Editing a comment
            Trustyfarms, good to go. 7 more people left
            Last edited by Bry; 01-14-2020, 11:21 PM.

So far only 5 people on my Master List. I will check back in tomorrow a.m. before I head out. Basically once I have 12 complete, I will stop for this week. If people were to pay and the total goes over 12, I'll either refund back through PayPal or try to squeeze them into this week's giveaway. I will offline from now and most of the a.m. tomorrow. Good night and many thanks!!

Comment

PM sent. Thanks!

Do you have a description of the fruit (size, taste) and maybe any photos of it?
            Zone 7B/8A Wake Forest, NC. Wish list - 1. To stop murdering fig cuttings. 2. To find the biggest, juiciest, cold hardiest, most delicious common fig in the world! (and not murder it)

Comment

Originally posted by trustyfarms View Post
              Sent you PM
              PM sent
              zone 6

Comment

• Bry
                Bry commented
                Editing a comment
                You are good to go, #8

Good morning friends! While I was sleeping, others were more diligent and already up early working....Nalledge and elusive fig---on the cut sheet now!!! 5 more lucky individuals left!!! ( sorry for all the exclamation points se early....)

Comment

Also known as Italian Honey Fig, this reliable and hardy variety has been producing delicious figs for many years in the Pacific Northwest. Lattarulla bears good crops of large, greenish yellow fruit with sweet, light amber flesh. Lattarulla can bear two crops in one season, one ripening in late July and the second in mid-September. Here's a picture from the internet which is a resemblance of Anna---Anna is much more beautiful!!

Comment

"Unless only one person responds"!? I guess you forgot where you were posting! But seriously, very generous of you. Continued Good Growing
                  Tony. Pickens county, SC zone 7b
                  WL: Angelo's Dark; Atreano; Azores Dark; Brooklyn White; Dominick; Florea; Golden Riverside; LSU Early Improved Celeste; some Maltese or Italians; Napolitana:

Comment

Otis you're in, and Egretsbill on my list, checking it twice. 2 more lucky individuals left, who will it be?

Comment

PM sent. thanks !
                      Zone 7a Long Island

Comment

• Bry
                        Bry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        YOU are #11!!

• Bry
                        Bry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Dave, My cutoff is at 12 PM tonight. Hope you have time to square up before then...

So I have figured out what I can use next for my free giveaway , hopefully next week!! Stay tuned....

Comment

• Bry
                        Bry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Actually, it looks like it's gonna be two weeks---this takes a bit of time doing this in bulk!!

• Otis
                        Otis commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don't stress yourself, Bryan. We're all like feeding ducks, (sharks? 😊), we get overexcited! Just hope it's nothing else in the WL, LOL...

• Bry
                        Bry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you Tony!! I'm kinda new to al this, nevertheless, it's still all good!!!

PM sent
                      South Florida, Zone 10B
                      Wishlist: Azures Dark, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Black Madeira, Campaniere, CdD Noir, CdD Blanca Negra, CdD Gris, CdD Roja, Cavaliere, I-258, Golden Riverside, Sucrete.

Comment

• Bry
                        Bry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Asmin, YOU are the last contestant to win this week-- #12!!!

• Bry
                        Bry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Please resend to friends and family so you can be in this week Asmin! thx

So... this week's freebies list is completed now .... however, I am hard at work on a plan for another giveaway in two weeks hopefully YEA!! ( don't hold me to it if something comes up, ok?) I will post here sometime on Monday after I ship out all of Anna's progenies. I'm thinking to not send tracking unless you really, really want it... remember...p a t i e n c e! Best, Bry

Comment

Working...
                      X