X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for Mulberry Cuttings

Does anyone have mulberry cuttings available? I have a pretty good list, but I am looking for more !
    I currently have Kokusa, Illinois Everbearing, Wellington, Tehama, Pakistan, Persian, Collier and Contorted.
    Most of mine are either cuttings or very small trees at the moment.
    I am interested in anything I don't have already !
    Ryan
    Northeast Texas, 8a

I’m interested in a rooted Pakistan tree. I don’t have any varieties you don’t have but I could trade fig cuttings or scion wood

Comment

• BriarPiperTx
      BriarPiperTx commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately, my Pakistan is still a cutting in the fridge that I just recieved this month !

• Stela G
      Stela G commented
      Editing a comment
      Garrett, I thought I sent you a rooted Pakistan? Remind me in the spring and I will send you one.

That’s a very impressive line of mulberries!
    I have the world best/Thai and Shangri la but I am discovering these varieties wake up too early for Oklahoma. They are leafing out now while my IE and kukuso are still fast asleep.

Comment

• BriarPiperTx
      BriarPiperTx commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm hearing a lot of that this spring. I'd still love to try either one if you think there are some dormant branches you could cut.
      I dug up around 30 wild seedling trees last spring and grew them out in pots to graft to this year.
      I wonder if rootstock could have a bearing on dormancy ? My native trees are the first thing to drop leaves in the fall, and about the latest tree to leaf in the spring. The redbuds have already bloomed and put on leaves before the mulberries here wake up.

• Nick Costanza
      Nick Costanza commented
      Editing a comment
      my worlds best is leafing out too and supposed to get down to 26 degrees tognight. Its going to end up as compost

All of mine are on wild rootstock and they didn’t seem to help. I will have to send you some next year before they leaf out.

Comment

Working...
    X