X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Violet DFIC# 145

Early Violet
    Donated from: California, United States (Comment: Donated to NCGR, Davis.) Donors: Kennedy, C., California Rare Fruit Growers.
    Maintained by the Natl. Germplasm Repository - Davis. NPGS received: 15-Jan-1988.

DFIC# 145:
    http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs...lay.pl?1003506

"Small, roundish. Skin brownish red, covered with blue bloom. Flesh red, and well-flavoured.
    Tree hardy, and an abundant bearer; well adapted for pots."

Robert Hogg, 1884
    Don, Danmark

Comment

I have that fig. However, years ago, I had a fig variety from a nurseryman on the West coast (Jerry Black?) that was labeled Early Violet, but was NOT early or violet. It was great, however, It looked just about exactly like Celeste, but was amber inside and seedless or nearly so. Fig Malaysia on the internet seems to have the same fig. Any idea what other name it might have and where to get the fig variety? Thx.

Comment

I have that fig. However, years ago, I had a fig variety from a nurseryman on the West coast (Jerry Black?) that was labeled Early Violet, but it was NOT early or violet. It was great, however, It looked just about exactly like Celeste, but was amber inside and seedless or nearly so. Taste was wonderful. Fig Malaysia on the internet seems to have the same fig. Any idea what other name it might have and where to get the fig variety? Thx.

Comment

Working...
        X